Dating from c.1890, it was originally known as Allens Wharf and from 1898 as Cryers Wharf after adjoining landowners. Used by the local community to ship farm produce by scow, it is now a regionally rare example of the many small wharves and jetties that served local communities and farm properties until the early 20th century.
|Ref: Footprints 01382, South Auckland Research Centre|
|Ref: 4-5445, Sir George Grey Special Collections|
Author: Rebecca Harfield, Heritage Assets Advisor, Auckland Council