Puhoi Cottage was built in 1926 by the Schischka family as a holiday home, replacing an earlier house known as Christmas Cottage. The Auckland Regional Authority bought the cottage and adjacent land in 1967 but the Schischka family continued to holiday here until 1990.
|Ref: NZ Map 38, Sir George Grey Special Collections|
|Ref: NZ Map 4308, Sir George Grey Special Collections|
Author: Rebecca Harfield, Heritage Assets Advisor, Auckland Council